Monday, December 12, 2005

Git of the Day

I thought I’d be doing something on Jack Straw today, as I am usually gripped by the blood-rage whenever I hear his snivelling lying whine issue forth my radio in the morning afore setting off to work; But no, I have some other grist for the mill. Albeit rather fatty and unwholesome grist. Yes, step forward Richard Miniter, erstwhile journalist for the New York Times and novelist. NYT not being a laudable source of balanced valuable information I’ll grant you, but Mr Minit has made his home there, as well as publishing such gems as ‘Disinformation – 22 Media Myths that undermine the War on Terrorism’, and ‘Shadow War – The untold story of how Bush is winning the war on terror’. The second of those I’d really like to read, as a) I need a good laugh, and b) Sure some Einsteinian law may be under severe attack if he honestly believes he can stretch the facts that far.
Mind you, the ‘Bio’ section of his own website, and you start to get the picture of where this clown comes from, idealogically, at least.
Pop facts, people:

Miniter's latest book is entitled 'Disinformation: 22 Media Myths That Undermine the War on Terror'. Based on exclusive interviews and official documents, the book challenges many widely-held notions: that Bin Laden was trained or financed by the CIA in the 1980s, that Halliburton profiteered in Iraq, that profiling Arabs at airports would stop terrorism, and that the U.S.-Mexico border is an open door for Al Qaeda.

So Rummy & Cheney are off the hook eh, Dick? That is your name, isn’t it – Dick?

No comments: